Support Forum

Lantiv
 FAQ  FAQ  Search  Search  Memberlist  Memberlist
Register :: Log in Log in to check your private messages

Software locks up when trying to connect to server.   View previous topic :: View next topic   
wmyers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Software locks up when trying to connect to server. Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm submitting an error on behalf of a user.

The user has been unable to use your application with their windows account. When trying to log in, the title bar begins to flash and the application does not respond to any command, it must be force quit through Task Manager.

This issue does not effect other accounts, the user is able to use their Lantiv server credentials successfully when logged on to other windows accounts.

I've done pretty much everything short of reimaging the machine.
- Clean install after deleting the contents of C:\Lantiv Scheduling Studio HKLM\Software\wow6432\Lantiv HKCU:Software\Lantiv , %userProfile%\appdata\VirtualStore , and an intellihelp folder in the HKCU\Classes folder

- Deleting the user's profile, building a fresh one and manually moving their documents over.

I ran process monitor on the Lantiv application and it appears to be trying to read/write data from Winsocks, the Cert Store, Global Internet Explorer settings and a few other classes folders.

I can only presume that there is data left in one of the global locations that is causing this behavior which only effects one user account.

Please advise.

Notes:
OS is Windows 7 Enterprise X64

Older files that they had saved locally can be opened without issue, only connecting to their server generates this issue.
lantiv
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Investigating Reply with quote

Site Admin

We are now investigating the problem which you have reported. Currently we suspect the following. All the communications between the program and the server are encrypted using the Windows RSA Crypto API. It is possible that for some reason Windows privileges prevent using this encryption module for that specific Windows user account. We will try to reproduce this issue on our side to hopefully encounter the same error and understand the reason for it.

From your perspective, are there are specific different privileges for the account on which the connection with the server cannot be made? Can it be made when the program is run with administrator privileges from the same account?
wmyers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user account currently has standard user permissions but assigning it with administrative permissions has not changed the behavior.

Interestingly, I can run the application with other user accounts but running as a different user within the user's account will experience the same behavior despite the account working when logged on interactively.

The crypto/RSA store having issues could explain the issue if they have user specific data.

P.S. I've already tried disabling A/V and the Firewall with no effect.
lantiv
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Log File Reply with quote

Site Admin

We have prepared a special version of the program which outputs the errors it encounters to a log file. We would like you to run it and send us the log file it generates.

It's a ZIP file with a single file - the program's executable file:

http://www.lantiv.com/download/LantivSchedulingStudioClient7514WithLogs.zip

We would like you to back up the existing file that you have inside the program's folder and replace it with the file from the ZIP above. Then, run the program from the problematic user's account and try to connect to the server. A log file "Log.htm" should then be generated inside the sub folder "Log" inside the main folder in which the program resides. Please send us this file to support@lantiv.com (or attach it here). Thanks.

Jump to: