Support Forum

Lantiv
 FAQ  FAQ  Search  Search  Memberlist  Memberlist
Register :: Log in Log in to check your private messages

Can't figure out "Day (Planned)"   View previous topic :: View next topic   
whopwood
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Can't figure out "Day (Planned)" Reply with quote

I have an education application, so we use "Semesters" for Days. So our calendar has semesters across the top and no dates or days of the week.

When I switch to Changes Mode, I no longer see Semesters across the top of the calendar but instead calendar days.

I've read the documentation about "Planned Generic Days" a dozen times but still can't figure it out. What I'm trying to do is follow the instructions to set which day (semester) is "layer-1" base schedule. The documentation says that I'm supposed to see a "Day (planned)" property somewhere, but I can't find this property on any screen.

What I'm trying to do is make the calendar in Changes mode look the same as it does in the regular Planning Mode, with Semesters across the top of the screen (for days) instead of days of the week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lantiv
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Planned Day Reply with quote

Site Admin

The "Day (Planned)" property appears at the top of the Properties pane when you select any cell in the Changes mode (see screenshot 1).

If I understand correctly, the schedule of every day of the semester is the same? In such case, you can define each generic day in a separate week (and each week will represent a semester) and define the start/end dates of the weeks (see screenshot 2). This way the program will automatically know to attribute the daily changes you make to the schedule to the appropriate semester.

DayPlanned.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.62 KB
 Viewed:  404 Time(s)

DayPlanned.PNG

SemestersAndDays.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.29 KB
 Viewed:  404 Time(s)

SemestersAndDays.PNG

Jump to: